K.K. Hamsher Funeral Home has been serving Fox Lake, Ingleside, Spring Grove and Johnsburg/McHenry areas for over 61 years. When you contact our family owned and operated funeral home in your time of need, you and your family will be treated with compassion, dignity and respect.
Our caring experienced staff will not only guide you through every step of the memorial planning process, but they also will offer a shoulder for you to lean on during your painful loss. We will help you plan the most fitting tribute for your departed loved one and assist your family in every way possible. No matter what your faith or background, we will serve your family with kindness, consideration and professionalism.
We invite you to browse through our site and learn about our firm and what services we can offer to you and your family. We are proud of our tradition, our facilities, and the services that we provide. Please feel free to visit our website often, and if a question arises, do not hesitate to call on us. We are on Pistakee Lake.
The purpose of the funeral:
- Helps confirm the reality and finality of death.
- Provides a climate of mourning and the expression of grief.
- Allows the sorrows of one to become the sorrows of all.
- It is the only time when love is given and not expected in return.
- It is a vehicle for the community to pay its respects.
- Encourages the affirmation of religious faith.
- It is a declaration that a life has been lived, as well as a sociolgical statement that a death has occurred.
- Allows people to remember and honor their loved one in a special way.
- Serves as a gathering place for family and friends to give emotional support to one another.
- It helps survivors to better cope with their grief and enables them to move forward in their lives.
- It encourages mourners to face the pain of their loss and express their thoughts and feelings, openly.
- It initiates the grieving process while bringing closure to the death.
A message from the Hamsher Family,
The family of Kenneth K. Hamsher wish to express our heartfelt thanks to the dear friends and neighbors, the Fox Lake Police Dept., Lake County Sheriff’s Dept., U.S. Naval Honors Detail and to the members of the Fox Lake Fire Protection Dept and Rescue Squad, as well as the Johnsburg Rescue Squad members (especially Dick and Sandy Bowe) who assisted Ken during his lifetime and honored him following his death.
We will always be grateful to everyone at his home parish, St. Bede’s Church, Reverend Father Robert Fitzpatrick Pastor Emeritus, Reverend Father Rodolfo Ramirez Pastor, Deacon Larry Spohr, Gerry Patryn, and the choir, musicians and ministers of care. JourneyCare Hospice gave dad’s final days the reassurance and comfort that he had given others in their time of need. Our sincere appreciation to our former funeral home family, William Clark, Graham Hills, Marguerite Drozd, Paul Goldman and Emily Mott and our current funeral home directors and staff, Michael Carroll, Jennifer Valentine, Ed Becker and Chris McCauley; who came together with their caring and dignified attention to dad’s services.
We will always remember the many kindnesses and generosity, the cards, visits and prayers extended to our family in our father’s name.
To the clergy, that dad was so honored to work beside, and the people of Fox Lake and surrounding communities who have put their loved ones in his care – we want you to know, dad appreciated and was humbled by the trust you placed in him for the past 61 years and he thought the world of all of you.
Deborah Glen, Sharon Breunig and Kirk Hamsher
|SEND FLOWERS||GRIEF SUPPORT||PRE-PLANNING||FREQUENT QUESTIONS|
K.K. Hamsher Funeral Home